How Do Employee PasswordsGet Leaked?
- 6 out of 10 employees use their name or birthdate in their password
- 43% share their password with friends, family, or colleagues
- Only 4 out of 10 employees consider changing their password after a breach
- 52% reuse the same password across multiple accounts
- 15 billion stolen logins from 100,000 breaches are on the Dark Web
- There is a cyberattack every 39 seconds
Need More Proof Passwords Are Getting Leaked?
Please Join Us For Our Webinar Series Where We Discuss The Dark Web.
Date and Time:
October 14th at 2 PM PST
Hackers stole $21,422.53 from me. I should have listened.
Looking back, I didn’t think it would happen to me or the business…
…But it did over the weekend…
I made the nightly deposits like I do every Friday…
Monday morning, I get a call from my bank asking me to come in because of some unusual activity on our business account.
An hour later, I’m bent over in the chair across from the bank manager, elbows on my knees, hands on my head, shaking in disbelief.
I recognized the password…
It was supposed to get changed but didn’t. Somehow, my password got leaked, and someone had access to this password and completely drained the account.
All because I didn’t change my password. I was told more than once to reset it, but I didn’t listen. I should have stayed on top of it.